The Annual Milan Gala is Here!
We are delighted to be hosting our Annual Signature Fundraising Gala - MILAN in person this year. Join us for an evening of celebration and supporting the community-based non-profit Indian American Community Services (IACS formerly IAWW) at the fundraiser. The event is dedicated to raising funds for IACS and its services.
Your generous endorsement has made a lot possible over our nearly 40 years journey. With your continuous support, this year IACS aims to:
- To raise funds for the upcoming IACS support services.
- To support IACS community center.
- To drive foundational changes impacting the Indian American Immigrant Refugee community.
With your encouragement, which is exceptionally important to us, we can achieve the goals IACS has set out for the fundraiser. Let’s do this together!
TIME & DATE: SATURDAY, MARCH 25TH 2023, 6.30 PM
VENUE: MUSEUM OF HISTORY & INDUSTRY (MOHAI)
860 TERRY AVE N, SEATTLE, WA 98109
6.30 pm – Registration/Doors Open
6:30 pm to 7:30 pm - Silent Auction
7:30 pm - Dinner
8:00 pm - Welcome and the Program Begins
8:15 pm - Live Auction
9:15 pm - Raise the Paddle for IACS
9:45 pm – Dancing with DJ Akshay Johar
Frequently Asked Questions about IACS Milan 2023
What is Milan 2023?
Milan 2023 is the kick-off of the IACS fundraising campaign which is dedicated to raising funds for IACS Support Services and Community Center. Donation and sponsorship requests can be customized by contacting us at email@example.com
How often is this fundraiser held?
So far Milan has been a biennial fundraiser. Going forward IACS will have a virtual fundraiser every other year, alternating with an in-person event.
What services/programs does IACS provide?
IACS serves the Indian American immigrant, refugee community of Washington state through programs, services, and advocacy for people of all ages and life stages. These services address the following needs:
- Early childhood
- Civic Engagement
- Mental Health
- Small Businesses
- Crisis Services
- Community Centers
What areas do the Community Centers currently serve?
IACS operates and serves the community daily at the various pop-up centers that we have established at the following locations:
- Bellevue (North Bellevue Community Center): Thursdays
- Redmond (Redmond Senior Center): Wednesday - once monthly
- Bothell (Northshore Senior Center): Tuesdays - twice monthly
- Kent (Kent Commons): Mondays
- Issaquah (Issaquah Senior Center): Fridays monthly
- Maple Valley Community Center: Wednesdays
- Snoqualmie (Mt.Si Senior Center): Fridays monthly
- Sammamish (Beaver Lake Lodge): Mon/Wed/Friday
Is IACS moving its operations to Kent?
IACS will continue to operate in all it's pop-up centers while also working towards opening a 7 days a week community center in Kent addressing our community at their doors. In addition, IACS will also meet community at its main office in Together Center, Redmond where the community can access services 5 days a week. The IACS Community Center in Kent will allow us to provide much-needed support services as well as offer a safe, inclusive space for the community to connect 7 days a week.
How does IACS support its current operations?
Funding from private foundations, government entities, and community donations supports and sustains IACS services.
What is the IACS capital campaign?
IACS has purchased a physical space in Kent in 2022 to provide a safe, inclusive space for our community's seniors, families, youth, and women who can now easily access all support services, and resources. This center will also provide opportunities for small businesses to access technical assistance, training, and marketing opportunities. Very importantly, a stand-alone dedicated space offers us more effectiveness with urgent crisis services.
These improvements include:
- Community gathering space
- Early learning center
- Small business hub - technical assistance, e-commerce training, relief assistance
- Youth gathering space
- Therapy rooms
- Wellness Studio
- Teaching prep kitchen, etc.
Please Note: In order to donate or pledge towards specific spaces and naming rights or to customize your donation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Card Info for Greater Giving
Why is Kent chosen for the IACS community center?
IACS conducted a focused two-year feasibility study to understand community needs and IACS’s own growth plan.
While we continue to grow our services in cities like Sammamish (3 days per week), Bellevue, Redmond, Bothell, Kent, Maple Valley and Snoqualmie, our study showed that there was a resounding ask from the community for a permanent space that is safe, inclusive and one that addresses basic, urgent and emergent needs for youth, new parents, families, small businesses, workers, seniors and women. Crisis survivors can reach out in times of need for not only support but also to discover community connections and health & wellness.
While IACS operates pop-up centers in East and North King County we find that very often our youth and other programs run out of space during weekends or experience limitations in the use of rental spaces. This brings us back to the need for an easily accessible, affordable and available permanent space.
IACS did its due diligence in exploring locations based on access, cost, and other important factors. Based on these factors, we picked Kent as a central and affordable location that is accessible to community members, service workers, and our small businesses.
How did IACS impact and serve the community last year?
We are proud of the impact IACS has had through our pop-up centers. During 2022, IACS served:
- Over 32,500 community members with a daily touch point including 1,800 seniors, 325 youth and their families, 127 toddlers, and over 115 women via in-person and virtual programs.
- 525 small businesses with technical assistance and support both in-person and virtual.
- 575 hours of survivor support.
- IACS also offered over 3,700 hours of crisis support to clients, and provided access to 1345 clients for Covid support while offering PPE support to 450+ small businesses and workers.
How will I buy tickets for the Milan 2023 event? (SOLD OUT)
- Register for Milan 2023 (ejoinme.org)
- Select your table captain from the drop-down menu, add your credit card information and you are all set!
What are the different ways in which I can participate in and support Milan 2023 and the Capital Campaign?
- Attend the Milan 2023 event on March 25th
- Participate in the Silent Auction / Live Auction / Raise the Paddle and other fundraising opportunities during the event.
- The live auction opportunities will be available for viewing only, starting from March 21, 2023. As a registrant, one can nominate their friend as a proxy to bid at an entry of choice in the live auction. The live auction will include art from community artists, personalized chef dinners, curated wines, customized consultations and curated weaves from India brought to you by our master weavers and designers.
- Bidding by proxy is allowed as long as the proxy bidder is registered and present for the in-person event.
- Register for free for the Silent Auction online and bid on wine, sarees, experiences, and assorted gift baskets starting March 19 at 8 am and ending on March 25 at 7.30 PM sharp - the day of the fundraiser (http://Iacs2023.ggo.bid).
- Consider Monthly pledges.
- Multi-year donations - spread across 2 to 4 years - please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Opportunity to honor and name your family or a loved one at the new community center. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Is there parking at MOHAI?
- Parking is available at 1200 Westlake Ave N, Seattle WA 98109.
- Bring your parking ticket to MOHAI to have it validated for a $10 flat rate. (Complimentary Shuttle service to MOHAI from the parking lot, every 15 mins starting from 6:00 pm).
- A1 taxi (253-375-2460) has offered a 10% discount on all fares (by the meter) for everyone attending the IACS Milan fundraiser.
- Parking is available at AGC BUILDING PARKING - 1200 Westlake Ave N, Seattle WA 98109. Bring your parking ticket to MOHAI to have it validated for a $10 flat rate.
- Complimentary Shuttle service to MOHAI from the AGC parking lot every 15 mins starting from 6:00 pm.
- Other options are City of Seattle parking lots. Center for Wooden Boats (1010 Valley St, Seattle, WA 98109) and across Courtyard Marriott Hotel (925 Westlake Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109)
- To receive the discounted fare, don’t forget to mention MILAN at the time of payment.
Milan 2023 Sponsors
Heartfelt Thanks to our Event Sponsors: