The purpose of the IACS Community (low bono) Legal Clinics program is to offer free, limited legal advice and referrals to individuals, seniors and families in need of immigration, family law, estate, guardianship and other legal advice. Our organization seeks to make the clinics accessible regardless of barriers such as income, education, language or disability.
Who We Serve
We serve community members with legal issues who reside in WA state.
What We Do
We provide FREE 30-60 minute consultations with an attorney in-person or virtually. Attorneys determine whether the client has a legal problem, suggest possible options, and provide appropriate referrals. These attorneys will not represent you in court. The IACS Legal Clinic attorneys may not have expertise in all areas of the law, but they will make every attempt to answer questions accurately.
We Do Not
- Give advice on criminal legal issues
- Provide representation in court
- Help those living outside WA
- Provide legal advice for civil legal issues
- Help answering papers, summons and requests
- Provide referral and resource information
- Accommodations for persons with disabilities provided when requested
- Interpreter services available when requested for all clinics
- Clients who need further legal assistance may be referred to Volunteer Legal Services, the Lawyer Referral Service and other legal or law-related agencies in the community.
- The IACS Legal Clinic is a limited legal service and should not be considered a substitute for representation.
To make an appointment call 253-234-9989 (Ext.) 3 or email us at email@example.com. Please note, appointments are scheduled in advance. The scheduling line receives a high volume of calls so you may experience wait times between 5 to 10 minutes.
IACS is very grateful to AILAWA – American Immigration Lawyers Association (WA) for continued support in this collaboration.
“I am so grateful for the countless hours at the legal clinic where I could finish paperwork, get advice and move forward. I received only support, safety and understanding at IACS’s legal clinic and it has changed my life.”